Targeted Resume Objectives
Targeted resume objectives may take more time in writing but are written in order to target a specific position when applying for positions.
The targeted resume objective acts as a small opening paragraph which targets an open position’s needs so that it can satisfy its requirements.
It assures them that you career goal or objective is that of which is being offered by the position and you will be the best suited candidate.
Benefits using a targeted objective:
- Satisfies employers needs by displaying exactly what they are expecting.
- Matches the needs of the position with what you are offering.
- Ensures you long term goal is that of which is required in the position.
Contents Of A Targeted Resume Objective
Here is a listing of what is included in a targeted resume objective statement. The following are attributes which are critical to include in order for it to be as targeted as possible with the biggest impact.
- Title of the position interested. (If targeted)
- It should also include your career goal. (which should match up with what the position is about)
- What you want out of the position. (greater knowledge about the position’s direction)
- One or two key strengths(skills abilities) you wish to exercise in the future position. (related to the position’s requirements)
A professional resume with a targeted resume objective statement has these key attributes in order for it to be as effective as possible while matching the needs of the position up with what you are offering.